Basmati rice is an amazing ingredient in cooking many delicious recipes. In this article, we are going to highlight some famous dishes that you can cook with basmati rice. So, continue reading and don’t go anywhere.
Chicken Mushroom Risotto
Ingredients for chicken risotto with mushrooms
To make this chicken risotto recipe for one person, you will need the following:
– 50 g uncooked basmati rice
– 120 g chicken cutlet
– 150 g button mushrooms
– 1 spring onion
– 3 tbsp. (about 15 ml) 15% light cream
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– Salt, pepper
Steps for preparing chicken mushroom risotto
On the side of the preparation, you will see nothing very complicated.
– Cut the spring onion and the mushrooms into small pieces.
– Fry them in a pan with a little olive oil.
– After 2-3 minutes of cooking, return to low heat, add the rice and cook while stirring.
– When the rice begins to colour, add a small cup of water [you can add vegetable broth if you wish] and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
– When the water has completely evaporated, add small cups of water gradually until the rice obtains the texture you are looking for.
– When the rice is cooked, add the fresh cream and mix.
– Pour the preparation into a plate or a bowl, and do not hesitate to sprinkle with a little spring onion stalk (which is eaten like chives).
Beetroot/Goat Cheese Risotto
- One raw beet
- 1/2 yellow onion
- One shallot
- 150 g fragrant rice
- 150g Greek goat cheese
- Olive oil
- Peel, cut into small cubes and cook the beets for 25 minutes in boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the yellow onion and sauté in a drizzle of olive oil for 3 minutes over high heat. Be careful not to colour the onion.
- Add basmati rice, allow it to pearl for 1 minute and add 60 cl of boiling water (to go faster, you can heat it in the kettle) for 20 minutes.
- If the rice is not cooked and there is no more water, add more little by little until the rice is creamy. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the shallot and fry the pieces in a pan of very hot olive oil for 3 minutes. Once cooked, place them on absorbent paper to drain the excess oil.
- When the beet is cooked, place it in a bowl, add half the goat cheese and mix everything. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix this mixture with the rice and pour everything into two plates.
- On top, add a little goat cheese and chopped coriander.
- All you have to do is taste!
Basmati Rice with Salmon and Spinach
– 50 g basmati rice
– 1 frozen salmon fillet
– 300 g chopped spinach (here, canned)
– 40 ml semi-skimmed milk
– 1 tbsp. curry powder
– Salt, pepper
– Prepare your rice as directed on the package.
– Meanwhile, cook the salmon steak in a pan without adding fat, over low heat, for 10-15 minutes (half/half by half).
– When the rice is cooked, drain it and put it back in the pan.
– Add the previously drained spinach, as well as the milk.
– Bring everything to a boil (the milk must boil) and return to low heat.
– Crumble the salmon and add it to the pan.
– Add the curry, salt, and pepper and mix together.
– All you have to do is enjoy!
Spinach and Mustard Chicken Risotto
– 50 g brown rice
– 200 g fresh spinach
– 100 g chicken breast
– 3 tbsp. strong mustard
– Salt, pepper
– Place the spinach in a pan and cover it with water and bring it to a boil.
– Add the brown rice and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the rice is cooked (and the water has evaporated).
– Meanwhile, cook your chicken over medium heat.
– When the chicken is cooked, cut it into large cubes and add it to the pan with the rest of the food.
– When the rice is cooked, and the water evaporates, turn off the heat, and add the mustard (if you have a sensitive palate, don’t hesitate to put less than me or to soften it by adding 3-4 tbsp. s. of milk).
– Salt, pepper and mix together.
And here is a delicious risotto that you had never tasted before and which turns out to be really, very, very good
Risotto of Scallops with Leeks and Parmesan
– 30 g raw risotto rice
– 150 g scallops
– 1 white leek
– 30 g parmesan shavings
– Salt, pepper
– Fry the scallops in a non-stick pan over low heat.
– Wash and cut the leek into rings (try to separate them from each other).
– Add the slices of leeks and the rice to the pan and cover with water (it can also be a vegetable and/or poultry broth if you prefer).
– Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the time needed for the rice to cook, here, it was 18 minutes). Do not hesitate to stir from time to time to mix the food together but especially to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
– When the water has evaporated, taste to check the cooking of the rice: if you like the cooking, remove it from the heat. Otherwise, add a little bit of water and cook until it evaporates. And so on, until you like the cooking.
– Salt, pepper and mix.
– Place the risotto on a deep plate and sprinkle with parmesan (it will melt on the hot rice, you will love it!).
Visit the ADNOOR website for the best long-grain rice, golden Sella basmati rice, brown rice, white rice, Super Kernel Basmati Rice, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. We take pride in saying that we are the Best Basmati rice suppliers in Montreal and have been the importers, exporters, wholesalers, distributors, and co-packers of various nuts and grains in Canada for the last 25 years. We aim to provide our customers with quality products so they keep trusting us. So without wasting time, visit our website and order what you need.
Types of Basmati Rice From India and Pakistan - AdnoorMarch 14, 2023
[…] Pusa Basmati 1121 is one of India’s most popular basmati rice kinds. It features long, thin grains with a delicate flavor and fragrance. It’s frequently seen in biryanis, pulao, and other rice meals. […]