Rice, the versatile staple that has captured the hearts and palates of people across the globe, is much more than just a grain. It is a culinary marvel that forms the foundation of countless amazing dishes from various cuisines. Whether it’s the fragrant Basmati rice of India, the sticky sushi rice of Japan, or the savoury risotto of Italy, rice takes on a multitude of forms, textures, and flavours. Its ability to absorb the essence of spices, sauces, and ingredients makes it the perfect canvas for creating delectable meals. Join us on a tantalizing journey through the world of rice and its extraordinary culinary innovations.
Recipe for “Hedgehog” Dumplings with Rice
You can make these delicious meatballs in less than half an hour with leftover rice and good minced meat.
In one form or another, they delight the French, Italians, Americans, Greeks, Turks, Chinese and, basically, all those who love simple and comforting cuisine. It’s the dumplings! Here is a simple recipe to make, which also allows you to use leftover rice by giving them a cute hedgehog look.
Ingredients for About 25 Dumplings
- 500 g ground beef
- one bunch of mixed herbs (parsley, coriander, basil, etc.)
- three onions
- 200g basmati rice
- four tsp. olive oil
- 1 C. c. turmeric
- 1 C. c. garlic powder
- one lemon
- 1 l of homemade or artisanal tomato coulis
- Salt and pepper
The steps of the recipe
- Kitchen gardening
- Peel the onions.
- Cut one into four and mix it with the herbs.
- Wash the rice thoroughly in cold water.
- Mix the beef with the minced meat, add the drained rice, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Food modelling
Form balls the size of a ping-pong ball with your white hands, pressing down the stuffing a little. Place the meatballs on a plate.
- Cooking food
Chop the remaining onions and brown them in a large skillet with the oil.
Add the meatballs side by side, pour in the lemon juice and the tomato coulis. The meatballs should be almost covered in sauce.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Engulfing the meal
Serve the meatballs hot with some chopped herbs, and enjoy!
Spicy Indian rice with yogurt
- 300g Basmati rice
- 2cm fresh ginger
- One fresh green or red chilli
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli pepper
- 4 tbsp rice oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves or flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Cut the chilli in half, deseed it and cut it into thin strips.
- Drain the rice and mix it with the yogurt, ginger and chilli strips. Add a little salt according to your taste.
- Reheat the rice over very low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Cover the pot and let the rice rest for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the red lentils for 3 to 4 minutes in a pot of boiling water and drain them in a colander. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Crush the lentils, chilli pepper, mustard and cumin seeds in a mortar.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the lentil mixture, stirring. Heat the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring until the good smells of spices are felt.
- Arrange the rice in a dome in a large dish and pour the mixture of lentils in oil on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Three Gestures to Succeed in the “Rice power bowl”
An avocado, an egg, and rice = a healthy bowl; full of flavours and vitamins to start the month of July in style. In the kitchen, sometimes, simplicity is good, and this bowl is the proof!
The difference between a great dish and a culinary disaster often depends on a few simple gestures to master. So let yourself be guided; we accompany you:
Preparing the avocado
The easiest way to prepare an avocado is to cut it in half lengthwise. Gently remove the pit with a knife, then remove the skin. Place the avocado on the slice and cut it into thin strips without pressing too much on it to avoid crushing it.
Tips: in contact with air, the avocado oxidizes and takes on a black colour; just pour a little lemon juice to prevent oxidation!
Cooking the rice
We are sure that you are already fans of al dente pasta, convinced that for pasta, cooking is essential. Well, for rice, it’s the same! Rice does not always require the same cooking. Between risotto, white rice and Indian-style biryani rice, the cooking times and methods have nothing to do.
In this case, for simple white rice, just boil a pot of hot, salted water; once the water boils, add the rice and let it cook for 11 minutes.
Tips: bring a timer and always taste the rice before turning off the heat for good.
Be careful, and the cooking time depends on the type of rice used; refer to the instructions of your rice packet.
You can’t improvise a fried egg!
A fried egg is childishly simple, but once again, cooking is essential. “You can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs,” this saying also applies to fried eggs, doesn’t it?
Start by heating a frying pan, pour a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, gently break your egg (elsewhere than on the pan, you could have the shell fall in). Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat.
Adnoor is the ideal platform to get the best quality dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and basmati rice in Canada. We have been the wholesale supplier of rice and dried fruits in Canada for the last 25 years and are the best rice brand in Canada. We are the co-packers and wholesale distributors of various nuts and grains and aim to provide our customers with the best quality products so they keep trusting us.