What Are The Recipe Ideas For Black Rice And How To Cook It?
The taste of black rice is reminiscent of the aroma of hot bread just out of the oven and the hazelnut flavour. This ingredient goes perfectly with a dish of fish or shellfish, but you can also accompany it with vegetarian dishes such as dahl of red lentils and cauliflower or vegetable curry.
Another possibility: prepare a black rice dessert by combining it with a touch of exoticism. Pair it with coconut milk, pineapple, mango, or orange blossom, for example. Black sticky rice is very popular for making this type of sweet dish.
Delicious Black Rice Salad Recipe:
- Cook Venere black rice according to the recommendations on the package.
- When the black rice is done cooking, drain it and rinse it with cold water.
- Reserve the cooked black rice in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a salad bowl, pour the ingredients of your choice for the salad. You can use avocado, diced smoked tofu, grated carrot, fresh parsley, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber pieces or crushed peanuts.
- Add your cold black rice and mix all the ingredients.
- Dress your Venere rice salad with organic sesame oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
This salad recipe can be Prepared in small wooden or coconut bowls and made into a black rice poke bowl. All you have to do is place the purple rice at the bottom of each cup and add the ingredients on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds and add a slice of lemon: your Venere rice poke bowl will look great!
When it’s a little colder, swap your salad and poke bowl recipes for a more comforting dish like black rice risotto:
- Fry a finely chopped onion in a pan with a little organic olive oil.
- Add 100 g of Venere black rice and stir the grains for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 5 cl of white wine and continue to stir until it evaporates.
- Using a ladle, gradually pour 50 cl of vegetable broth so that the venere rice risotto cooks slowly.
- Once the sticky black rice is well cooked, add a tablespoon of fresh cream or organic vegetable cream and grated parmesan.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve immediately while the dish is still hot.
Accompany this risotto-style black rice with asparagus, edamame beans, mushrooms or freshly pan-fried scallops.
Cooking Black Rice
Black rice takes longer to cook than white rice because it is “cargo rice” or brown rice. However, the preparation method is exactly the same, with cooking in boiling water or broth.
Here’s how to cook black rice:
- Rinse a volume of black rice with cold water. Repeat this operation two to three times to eliminate the starch on the surface of the grains so that they do not stick after cooking.
- Pour two volumes of vegetable broth or cold water into a large saucepan.
- Pour the black rice into the pan and close it with a lid.
- Let the water boil for 30 to 40 minutes until it evaporates completely.
- Test the doneness of your black rice by tasting a few grains. Depending on your preference, these should stay a little firm or be nicely melty.
- Once the black rice is cooked to your liking, turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.
In terms of quantity, count about 50 grams of black rice per person. As a reminder, a balanced plate is composed as follows:
- A quarter of a plate for starches
- Another quarter for proteins (animal or vegetable)
- The remaining half for vegetables (cooked, raw, plain, or prepared)
Visit the ADNOOR website to get the best long-grain rice, golden Sella basmati rice, white rice, Brown Super Kernel Basmati Rice, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. We take pride in saying that we are the Best Basmati rice brand in Canada and have been the importers, exporters, wholesalers, distributors, and co-packers of various nuts and grains in Canada for the last 25 years. So, without wasting time, visit our website and order what you need.